Sightseeing Kefalonia Island
Τhe entire island of Kefalonia is easily explored from Fiscardo, indicatively you can visit
- Mount Aenos: The focal point of the island, famously home to wild horses and black fir.
- Melissani Lake: A huge underground lake
- Drogarati Caves: Dramatic caves estimated to be 150 million years old
- Assos: A nice Venetian Castle
- The Castle of St George: Wonderful views of the island. Built in Byzantine period and rebuilt by the Venetians.
- Kipouria Monastery Built in 1759, excellent view, telephone +30 26710 91354
- St. Gerasimos’ Monastery, patron saint of the island, fair on 16th August and on 20th October
- The Robola vineyard close to St. Gerasimos Monastery
- The Argostoli Archaelogical Museum, open 08:30-15:00, Monday closed
- The Corgialenios Historical and Cultural Museum, open 09:00-14:00, Sunday closed
- Numerous wonderful beaches across the island
- Daytrip to the nearby islands of Ithaca – Lefkas